Monday, July 5, 2010

A Favorable Omen

After the backyard barbeque and fireworks on the Fourth, I had a holiday today to recuperate. Later in the afternoon, I decided to go to the gym and try and work off some of the bratwurst and baked beans.

Walking up to the entrance of the gym, I noticed a small pile of change sitting on one of the platforms holding the faux columns that frame the entry. Three quarters, two dimes, and four pennies. Thinking that it could be some kind of trap, I restrained myself from grabbing the money on my way in the door.

After finishing my workout, I saw that the money was still there when I came out. Well, you don't have to tell me more than twice about free money before I go and see for myself. Half expecting some kind of hidden camera stunt to materialize, I snatched up the coins and pocketed them.

No one jumped out and accused me of stealing their money. So far, so good. Not only that, but as I walked across the parking lot, I spotted more change: a quarter here, a nickel there, a couple more pennies. My mama not having raised no fool for a son, I pocketed them as well.

Due to the long weekend, the coming week is going to be a short week at work. And now I'm up $1.31. Is this going to be a great week, or what?

No comments: